If you want to Honor and give back to our veterans then get over to the HEB on clear lake city blvd and buy some @honorwinery wines. They even have bottles of the amazing Honor Klopp Ranch Pinot Noir signed by the winemaker. Enjoy wines with a soul and a purpose. #wineislife#deliciousness#makeadifference @chameleon_distributors
These Sushi Doughnuts look sooo delicious! AND they have a delicious Avocado filling!!! These would be such a fun way to impress your guests next time you have friends over for good eats!
By: @nguyeninggainz Check out his amazing page for inspiration, motivations and some great tips!!
2 cups sushi rice
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/3 fresh lemon
1 piece of dried kombu (dried seaweed)
Slices of Salmon and Tuna
Masago (fish eggs)
Black & Garlic Sesame seeds
1. Cook the sushi rice by itself. In a separate small pot add the rice vinegar, sugar, salt, lemon, and dried kombu. Cook on medium low till sugar dissolves. Mix together well. Take off heat and let cool.
Right after rice is done cooking, transfer to a large bowl. Take your sushi rice seasoning and discard the kombu. You want to slowly add the seasoning to your rice and mix it in. Try not to mush the rice while you do it. Cover with damp cloth or paper towel while you assemble everything else.
2. Next you want to prep all your ingredients, you can use whatever fish you want, and veggies. Just make sure you slice the veggies super thin so they will lay flat on the donut properly. The radishes I sliced and seasoned with a tiny bit of the sushi rice seasoning and let sit to marinate and drain off before using.
3. Mash Avocado in a bowl and add some lime juice to it. This will be your filling for the donut. I just used a ziplock bag to pipe it in.
4. Grab a donut baking tray and spray a little oil on them then wipe down excess oil before using so it be easy to get the donuts out.
5. Add some sushi rice to the pans and make Channel in middle for your avocado filling. Use water in a bowl to work with your hands b/c sushi rice will be sticky.
6. After you add avocado add another layer of rice to cover and pack down firmly. After this you can flip them on wax paper or parchment paper to assemble your sushi donuts.
7. After this it's all about adding whatever sushi toppings you like! Use a knife to trim excess pieces off edge of your fish or veggies. .
Served on a piece of Nori